‘Round the Web: January 2015
It’s the end of the month, and that means link time, friends. You in? Have a cup of coffee/glass of wine/comfy seat?
For my second edition of ‘Round the Web, I’ve rounded up a pretty diverse list that I hope is fun and interesting, but also informative and useful. If you missed it last month, this is a new monthly series in which I share the stuff online that’s caught my attention lately.
Let’s dig in.
* Fascinating interview with Chaz Ebert. (She still talks to Roger after his death.)
* Would love to wake up here.
* Angelina Jolie’s op-ed on the Syrians and Iraqis who can’t go home. “I have visited Iraq five times since 2007, and I have seen nothing like the suffering I’m witnessing now.”
* Holy sh-t. A truly riveting birth story. (A long piece, but worth it.)
* This simple pasta sounds really good.
* In praise of notebooks. “A diary is an accounting. A notebook, by contrast, is to record details that reach out as you pass, for reasons not immediately apparent. A notebook is full of moments from days that have yet to become something.”
* Are you online dating? Alexandra’s advice is a must-read.
* For writers: Literistic will send you a curated list of submission deadlines each month.
* Joe and I are hooked on this web series about a New York pot dealer and his clients. It’s smart, funny, and the acting is excellent. (Each episode is just 5-7 minutes, and the first season or two are free.)
* Found! The perfect pair of grey jeans. (Wearing them now.)
* The ladies from SNL kill it in this parody of The Bachelor.
* Lastly, “Please don’t punish yourself.” A powerful reminder.
I had fun compiling these. Let me know if anything speaks to you!
ps. My post on our Seattle trip is in the works. It’s a long-ish one, coming next week.